CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 25, 2011







Hi Everyone from Karen ~at~ Home! I am so excited to be guest blogging with you all today! My name is Stacey from aspenbergfam.blogspot.com and I am a wife to the Love of my life Jayson and together we have 3 amazing crazy kids! Our oldest Madyson is 6 1/2 our son Bryson will be 4 in a week and our littlest Meya Hope is 18 months! Here is a picture of the 3 of them from last Sept. when we went to Disney!
I do love being at home with them but my days are busy and some days seem longer than others but, I am so thankful that God lead me to this role! Some days I am so weary, but through Him I find my strength and make it through! I have to tell you all honestly that this year 2011 Has been our toughest and most challenging year thus far since I have been home. So much has happened in such a short amount of time that sometimes I am still wondering what God's plan is for Our family and where he will take us but trying to rest in him. On Febuary 6th, in the early morning hours my dad passed away after a long 4 years fight with stage 4 prostate cancer! I am so thankful for the man God gave me as a daddy and miss him more words than ever express you can read more on this here http://aspenbergfam.blogspot.com/2011/03/what-few-months.html . Just 2 short weeks later my husband was let go of his job of 5 years and I didn't think things could get any crazier than we got that news and it was almost to much to bear. But through those crazy times I have to tell you I feel as though my role as a Stay at home wife and Mom was completely redefined and never felt so needed , yet didnt feel like I had much to give and the Grace God gave me to get through and the Way he poured out his Love was just so powerful and Moving! I must say the biggest reward with being home is I'm there for my husband and kids and I get to be the very first one who watches them talk for the first time, take their first steps , smile for the first time and those moments are far more precious than anything else and I wouldn't trade those things for anything in the world!
I know you all don't know this but my husband does suffer from depression and it has also been such a blessing to be home and be there for him when he needs me also. Between him and the children the best reason to have me home is I am able to be there for them and all that they may need. I am a Hairdresser turned stay at home Momma, and I am fortunate that I still do a ton of hair out of my home and it makes for a nice side income and always seems to be there when we need it most. When we were dating and engaged my husband and I had a ton of long talks and we decided way back then that when we had children that I was going to be home with them. My husband was more for it than most since his mother was a stay at home mom of 4 and grew up wanting that for his family as well. So when we found out that we were expecting our 1st I went out on Maternity leave and never came back. Also for me and my profession it did not pay me to go back to work especially with the cost of Day care that we new that what I made wouldn't cover the cost. I don't really think I miss anything about working because for me I have the best of both worlds. I do hair when and if I want and I am able to plan it for during Nap and rest time or when my husband is home in the evening and I can make it to school for parties and whatnot. One thing I love is for the 2nd year I was our church's MOPS (Mothers of Preschooler's) co-coordinator. It was so awesome to see so many lives changed by God! If you are contemplating staying home the one thing I would offer as far as advice is get connected with other Mom's ! That is a must you need your girlfriends to help you get through the crazy times the happy times and the most trying times and days! There is nothing like your friends and you need to surround yourself with them! Look at your church or local church some may offer MOPS groups there or bible studies or Play groups any of the above! Its a great way to meet friends and get out there it will make the days go by shorter!
Here is a picture from a few months back (above) There are my husbands 3 sisters and their husbands! They are truly some of my closest friends and we try to sneek out every few months just us to have fun without the kids! between the 4 siblings there are 9 soon to be in a few weeks 10 cousins and it makes for some crazy fun times! Its so nice to be able to have a close family and have cousins to grow up with for our kids!
Here is just 1 picture of only a small group of us form our annual MOPS spring tea! These ladies helped me get through this some of the toughest times! Esepcially my friend Lauren to the right of me! I am so thankful for her friendship and the long talks and tears shared on the phone she is gem and I don't know what I would do without her! As far as career goals or going back to work goes, as of now I am not planning on returning anytime soon, I thing the choice we made for our family was the right one for sure!
If I am getting long winded I am so sorry but before I close I really want to share a few things with you if you are considering staying at home or even returning to work: I would tell you to Pray about it. For us its not about the money at all. we struggle at times but you get creative on ways to save money and one way or another we somehow make things work (Usually by God's grace) you get creative with meals, coupons, and whatnot! Also I would say Get Connected! Its the one thing that is so important! Get connect with the Ladies around you, you need friends! And Lastly dont just look at the finacial aspect of staying home look all all areas because it goes so much further than money! I just want to Thank Karen so much for giving me this opportunity to share with you all and thanks for taking the time to read my long winded post! Please come visit me over at aspenbergfam.blogspot.com or you can email me at aspenbergfam@gmail.com and would love to get to know more fellow bloggers out there!!
Blessings,
Stacey!

1 comments:

Joy said...

Hey — couldn't find an email on your page to email you back, but I got it at the outlet mall in Foley, AL at Lane Bryant. I love it... I have about 4 different ones and they are so cool and comfortable!! Thanks for the birthday wishes!!

About Me

My photo
Hi & Welcome to my little corner of the "world" I'm Stacey a wife to my loving husband Jayson, and Mom to 3 kids, Madyson 11, Bryce 9 & Little Miss Meya (Mia) Hope who is 6. I hope you will find me striving to be a good Godly, wife, Mom, homeschool mom. I definitely don't have it all together but I'm striving to be better everyday. Here you will find recipe's, DIY's, Homeschool stuff, and everything in-between! Will you join me?